SECURITY GUIDELINES FOR SHOPPERS
What is Parlour?
Parlour is the brand name of the e-commerce marketplace operated by the Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago (TSTT). The Parlour e-commerce marketplace consists of a website (parlourcaribbean.com) together with supporting IT, logistics and payment infrastructure, which offers services including the ability to browse and purchase products; the ability to pay for products via cash, bank transfer or credit card; the ability to have purchased products delivered to a stated address.
Who are Shoppers?
Shoppers are referred to as any individual, group of individuals, firm, company, or any other entity who selects and purchases the products of a Seller through the Seller’s online store on the Parlour e-commerce marketplace.
Shoppers may access the services of the Parlour e-commerce marketplace through an account created for this purpose (i.e. Shopper Account) or as a guest (i.e. Shopper Guest Account). Shoppers are also obligated to accept the terms of the Shopper Terms and Conditions of Use, which governs the relationship between the Shopper and TSTT.
What is the purpose of these Security Guidelines?
The security of a Shopper’s Account is important to us, and these Guidelines provide best practice on measures Shoppers can adopt to safeguard their account and information on the Parlour e-commerce marketplace.
1. Ensure your Shopper’s Account is secure.
a. Use a strong and unique password.
· To protect your Parlour Shopper Account, create a strong and unique password.
· The password should be at least eight characters long and include a minimum of 3 different classes of characters – including lower case, upper case, numbers, or special characters.
· Do not use the same password for multiple accounts as this increases your security risk. If someone gains access to one, all accounts could be compromised.
· Use a series of words or letters that you will not forget but would be hard for others to guess.
· If you have trouble memorizing the password, consider using a password manager to store your passwords in a secured place.
· Change your password often and immediately if you think it has been compromised.
b. Keep Shopper Account information up to date
· Make sure your email address, phone number, mailing addresses, and payment methods are current.
· If we think your Account has been compromised, we’ll contact you to verify that you are the person who logged in, purchased something, or made changes to your account settings.
2. Device and Network Security
a. Protect your device
· Whether using a smartphone, tablet, or computer – you should lock your device screen with a password or a security PIN.
· Keep your device software up-to-date and avoid installing software from unverified sources.
· Select the option to manually (not automatically) connect to Wi-Fi and disable hotspots on your device when you’re not using them.
b. Secure your Wireless Network
· Change the name of your wireless network, as well as any preset passwords that come with your router even if the name and password are complex.
· Secure your Wi-Fi router with a password. If you don't secure your router, other people can access your network and your personal information. Be sure to change your router's administrator password as soon as you set up your wireless network.
3. Beware of Phishing Scams
a. Phishing scams are attempts made by bad actors, to trick you into revealing your personal information.
· Don’t reply to suspicious emails, calls, instant messages or texts, or pop-up windows that ask for personal information, like passwords, bank account or credit card numbers, or even your birthday.
· Even if the message appears to come from a site you trust, never click on any links, or send a reply message. Go directly to their website or app to log in to your account.
· Don’t open any attachments or click any links from suspicious emails or text messages.
b. Suspicious or fraudulent emails, text messages or webpages may contain:
· Links to websites that look like the Parlour website but are not.
· An order confirmation or attachment to an order confirmation for an item you did not purchase.
· Requests to update payment information that is not linked to an order you placed.
· Attachments or prompts to install software on your device.
· Typos or grammatical errors.
· Forged email addresses to seem like an email from the Parlour marketplace.
c. Telephone Calls
· Please note that Parlour staff will never ask you to disclose or verify sensitive personal information or offer you a refund you do not expect.
4. Report suspicious account activity
· We recommend that you report any suspicious or fraudulent correspondences or telephone calls and any transactions, charges, or other account activity that you believe to be unauthorized.
· To report any suspicious account activity or fraudulent correspondences:
- Call: 1-868-780-7757, 1-868-781-7757 OR 1-868-782-7757.
- WhatsApp: 1-868-PAR-LOUR (1-868-727-5687).
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have more questions?
Click here to chat with us.
WhatsApp us at +1 (868) 727-5687
Reach us by email email@example.com